Horton Plaza is beautiful when it’s empty, don’t you think?
And here’s the playlist (warning – very Coachella-biased):
1. Kanye West – Runaway
I don’t want to like this song, but it’s so catchy that I can’t help it.
2. Freelance Whales – Location
I AM RUNNING OUT OF FREELANCE WHALES SONGS TO PUT ON MIXTAPES. HALP.
3. Menomena – Killemall
4. Thao with the Get Down Stay Down – Know Better Learn Faster
5. Foals – Blue Blood
6. The Henry Clay People – California Wildfire
I love these dudes.
7. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – Even In Dreams
Wowed me at Coachella. Sounded pretty amazing live, and would love the chance to see a full set.
8. Broken Social Scene – Swimmers
Made time to catch their whole set at Coachella, at the expense of the New Pornographers. It was so worth it to hear “Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl” live. Felt like Justin was watching them with me.
9. The Tallest Man on Earth – Kids on the Run
He’s known for his guitar-playing, but the piano on this track cuts right through me.
10. Arcade Fire – We Used to Wait
Duh. Their set was one I will remember for a long time.
11. The Rural Alberta Advantage – Don’t Haunt This Place
Adrian once traced our friendship back to this song. So it basically made my trip to South Africa happen. This is why I love music.
12. !!! – Myth Takes
Nic Offer can break my “no short-shorts on dudes” rule anytime he wants to. Hotness.
13. The Devil Whale – Earthquake Dreams
They blew me away when they opened for The Head and the Heart. Also, I had a really great conversation about the process of making art with Brinton after the show.
14. The National – The Geese of Beverly Road
I’ve seen the National live many times, but they only played this song the first time I saw them. I’m keep hoping they’ll play it again someday.
15. The Head and the Heart – Rivers and Roads
Because I’m going to this in August, and I really canNOT wait.