Photo taken the same evening as this one.
1. Frank Ocean – Novacane
At 28 I developed a thing for beards. At 29, R&B. GO FIGURE.
3. Joe Pug – Speak Plainly, Diana
Always love when the musicians you admire turn out to be human beings that you admire.
7. Ben Folds – There’s Always Someone Cooler Than You
Words to live by.
8. The Rentals – My Summer Girl
Heard this album early on a Sunday morning in Lestats on Park. Perfect timing.
9. The Weeknd – Glass Table Girls
10. The Shivers – Irrational Love
These guys remind me somewhat of Crooked Fingers, and Eric Bachmann is one of my heroes.
11. Belle and Sebastian – Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John
“What a waste I could have been your lover/what a waste I could have been your friend.”
12. Strand of Oaks – Bonfire
This song gives me the same feeling that I’m chasing after with the photos for my Empty Spaces project.
13. Okkervil River – Rider
Will Sheff is one of my favorite lyricists. Love that man.
14. Bird of Youth – Spearfish
Beautiful story in this song.
15. David Bazan – Won’t Let Go
Get his new album. Now.